The Finnish Way of Learning
This Masterclass on the Finnish way of learning is hosted by Derek Bartels, HundrED Country Lead and Director of Innovation & Technology for the Lutheran Education System of Schools in Qld Australia and Kim Powell Education Lead - Innovation for Lutheran Education Vic, NSW and Tas.
This session would involve a guided discussion between Finnish and Australian Educators and Students to highlight the Finnish Ways of Schooling and Learning. Some of the themes and topics to be explored-
- The week in the life of a teacher in Helsinki
- What does learning look like for student
- Schooling in Finland has fewer state tests
- How does Culture and Community Impact Education?
- How is the City a Learning Environment?
- Helsinki has the best worst schools - what is meant by that?
- The Myths and Facts about Finland’s Education
- Transdisciplinary learning
- What is Phenomena Based Learning
- Parents support of schooling and Learning in Finland
- The importance of Nature and Play.
Time: 11:00 - 12:00
Event type: Dialogue
Target group: Teachers, Leaders, International attendees, Educational entrepreneurs.
Tool for online-event:
Contact person: Derek Bartels
Phone number: +61 409491441