The Chatta Approach: Literacy and Removing Barriers for Learners with Special Needs
Confident Speakers. Fearless Writers. Deep Learners.
Welcome to the Chatta Online Workshop for Educators!
The lively and interactive Chatta Online Workshop puts research evidence into practice and introduces a teaching method which removes barriers to learning for all students, of all ages and in all subjects.
There will be an emphasis on inclusive teaching for all students and practical strategies to ensure the best outcomes for students with additional needs including autism and dyslexia.
This interactive workshop includes:
- Introduction to the challenges and priorities in literacy education.
- Review of research and theories: Cognitive Load Theory, Dual Coding Theory and The Cognitive Theory of Multimedia Learning and The Redundancy Principal.
- Presentation of the Chatta approach.
- Practical activities and interactive demonstration.
- Contributions from Finnish and UK teachers, providing opportunities for discussion and collaboration.
The event will take place on the “Livestorm” platform. Everyone attending will receive the access link the day before the workshop and will already be registered to the Livestorm platform.
Time: 14:00 - 15:00
Event type: Explore
Target group: Teachers, Leaders, International attendees, Educational entrepreneurs.
Tool for online-event: other
Contact person: Chris Williams
Phone number: -